See the new dedicated ‘Christmas on the Plymouth Barbican’ page:
Welcome to Christmas on the Plymouth Barbican! This Christmas section contains details of the local Plymouth Barbican events which are due to take place throughout the build up to Christmas day. Local Businesses are out in force to tempt you with some unique Christmas gift ideas.
The Plymouth Barbican has a wide and varied selection of shops to choose from. Find that perfect gift for someone special. The shop owners on the Barbican are all friendly and will be delighted to help you choose a gift, just ask :).
If you’re feeling peckish or looking to put your feet up after a long days shopping there is a vast selection of coffee shops and restaurants here on the Plymouth Barbican. You can also be sure to find somewhere to keep warm with hot drinks and a host of restaurants ready to tantalise your taste buds with a selection of mouth watering meals. Be sure to check out their Special Christmas Menus.
Barbican Christmas Events
Christmas on the Barbican
- Last years Art Galleries Christmas Exhibition Open Evening was highly popular. Plans are being made for this years Late Night Open Evening…
- Barbican Christmas lights will be raised to cover the whole Barbican this year.
- Christmas Trees will be dotted around the Barbican
- SWiB Christmas Exhibition at the Plymouth Barbican Information Centre
- Brand new for 2012, there will also be a special Saturday Christmas Farmers’ Market taking place on the waterfront, based at the West Pier. Local traders will be selling a wide range of goods including fresh bread, eggs, poultry, venison, handmade cakes and preserves – highlighting the South West’s excellent local produce. The market begins on Saturday 24 November will open every Saturday in the five weeks before Christmas, from 11am – 6pm, with pop up performances each week. (View Market Details)
- Plymouth A-Z Pub Tour : Christmas Special 2012
- The Greatest Story… Never Told at the Barbican Theatre
- The ‘Odd Window Out’ Competition, aimed at families with top prizes to be won
More details are being added as they are released, so be sure to keep an eye on this page for event news, special offers and more. On the Barbican we are aiming to bring you something a little different and looking to bring back the spirit of Christmas :).
Unique Gift Ideas for all the Family
Here are some Christmas gift ideas which can found on the Plymouth Barbican. Something here for all the family 🙂
Also be sure to read about Wendy Evans visit to the Barbican during her recent Christmas Shopping trip…
Gift List ideas compiled by the ABB – Association of Barbican Businesses
* Dad – Plymouth Gin Conoisseur’s or Master Distillers tour (Plymouth Gin)
* Brother – Fishing trip or fishing equipment equipment (Plymouth Boat Trips and Art of Fishing)
* Son – Golf equipment (EWM)
* Uncle – Local history book or DVD (TIC, Chris Robinson, Bookshops)
* Grandad – telescope, camera or binoculars (Antiques and Collectables , South West Images & EWM)
* Mum – Piece of original art (various ie. Glass!, 45 , Kaya etc)
* Daughter – Jewellery or jewellery making course Funky Poppy, barbican jewellers Victoria Sewart etc.)
* Sister –Bag (Purple & House that Jack built)
* Aunt – Scarf (Spoilt, peardrops, Purple EWM)
* Grandma – Tickets for a show (Tourist Information)
* Cousin – male, melted Bottle clock (Clayart)
* Cousin – female ,Chocolate , fudge, lavender shortbread kit (Chocaccino, Edwards & Frankly linen, EWM)
* Teacher – Personalise a mug at Clayart
* Female child – Hello Kitty, cupcake kits (Distinguished)
* Male Child – Activities Travel Mat –(Frankly linen)
Plymouth Barbican – Late Night Shopping
The Barbican is open late for shoppers on Wednesday 12th December until 8pm.
Enjoy a bit of festive cheer with mulled wine and seasonal treats, while taking a relaxing stroll through the many individual shops and galleries the Barbican has to offer. Why not let a trail guide you and discover that perfect and unique present. Staying open are:
South West Image Bank, Frankly Linen, Funky Poppy, Pear Drops, Kaya Gallery, 45 Southside, Blue Peace Gallery, Spoilt Boutique, Whistlefish Gallery, Victoria Sewart Jewellery, Sue Wills – White Lane Gallery, Chris Robinson – Plymouth Prints, Flameworks Christmas Show @ Relegacy and Thais Lenkiewicz – The Pipe
For up to date details, please bookmark this page and check back.
Special offers and exclusive Christmas gift ideas
Note: The vast majority of restaurants, shops and attractions will be hosting Christmas style promotions and special offers. Below is a highlighted selection. If you are a barbican business email me firstname.lastname@example.org with your christmas plan details and I’ll add them here :).
Due to the vast amount of offers I’d recommend visiting the individual Restaurant websites – view restaurant listings. Each are putting on some amazing Christmas meal deals offering a wide choice to choose from.
Annabel’s Cabaret & Discotheque
Don’t forget we have Two Gorgeous Venues : The Vauxhall Quay & Annabels Cabaret and Discotheque for your private parties…xmas do’s etc, Call Susan our fab function organiser on 01752 260555 🙂
Also see examples of the Christmas Menus on the venues Facebook Pages:
Lily-Lovedays – Half Price Xmas Workshops
All our Christmas workshops are now half price!!! just £25 per session for a door wreath of table decoration this includes all your sundries and materials! We also have a workshop to make a tradition door wreath from scratch at £30, perfect for those who want a little bit more of a challenge!! 10% off for all Facebook friends, forces and students! refreshments will be available. Call us on 01752 222289 for more details!
Dolphin House Brazzerie – Christmas Menus
The Dolphin House Brazzerie located on Sutton Harbour quay side here on the Plymouth Barbican offers a spacious, relaxed atmosphere with picturesque waterfront views, The Dolphin House Brazzerie is the perfect place to wine & dine.
And for Christmas they have a number of options to tantalize your taste buds!